Mackinac Island Fudge
Mackinac Island fudge is rich, soft, and creamy and can be purchased at any of the wonderful fudge shops on the Island.
For years, tourists have affectionately been called “fudgies” but
truthfully, even long-time Island residents qualify as “fudgies” because
they love the fudge too!
The question that has never been
answered is “who makes the best fudge?” Only you can decide! Try all
the shops and come to your own conclusion! What a yummy way to spend
some vacation time.
Here is the list of shops. If you can’t visit Mackinac Island, call
these shops and place an order. You can do your taste-testing from home
as they ship their treats world wide.
- Joann’s Fudge (906) 847-3707 There are several locations downtown where Joann’s Fudge Shops offer 25 delicious flavors.
- May’s Candy Shop (906) 847-6486 May’s has three shops on Mackinac Island. You can place orders from May through December.
- Murdick’s (906) 847-3530 Henry F. Murdick opened the first fudge shop on Mackinac Island in 1887. Orders are taken year round.
- Murray (906) 847-3360 Murray Hotel Fudge is available May – October.
- Ryba’s (906) 847-3829 Ryba’s Fudge is available year round. Try their caramel corn too! You’ll be glad you did.
Do You Have a Fudge Recipe
Click here to read and share your favorite homemade fudge recipes!
The Mackinac Island Fudge Festival takes place every August. In
Willie Wonka fashion, five golden tickets are randomly placed in boxes
of candy at various fudge shops.
The lucky golden ticket holders win a
two night stay for four including four ferry tickets, four tickets for a
Mackinac Island Carriage Tour and four tickets to Wings of Mackinac
Butterfly Conservatory! What fun, to eat fudge in search of a golden
Insider Tip: The fudge shops want you to enjoy their
wonderful product and offer samples for your tasting pleasure. With
all the flavors offered, you will have a lot of sampling to do!
Return to Mackinac Island Insider Tips from ” Mackinac Island Fudge”
Like what you’ve read? Leave us a comment in the box below.
- About Us
- Contact Us
Articles & News